The Bowl, Torus, Tray & Blister


Learning how to make all 4 of these objects has been tricky but also rewarding. It's been insanely satisfying finally having a final product after hitting with a hammer for hours or being on the english wheel for a while. 

The bowl was one of my favourites to make. Although it took a lot longer than anticipated constantly tweaking and working on the bowl from hammer to english wheel, it felt incredibly rewarding when it finally took the shape that I wanted.

 

After the experience from the bowl I found the torus enjoyable to make. I found that I had a bit more of  a hang of where to use the english wheel (and how) and where to properly hit. 


The tray was definitely the one I had the most trouble with. No matter where I hit something else would undo itself and it seemed never ending. This was my third tray and I'm really satisfied with how this one turned out. 


The blister was seemingly simple at first but after hours of hitting I found myself not comprehending why it wasn't looking the way I was expecting it to look. Dan saw me struggling and suggested to create new tools to be able to hit the points I want and need hitting. After this I was finally seeing the shape I wanted and ended up with a result I am happy with. 

The tools used



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 1:1 Fuel Tank (final)

The 1:1 Fuel Tank (making of)